More than Just a Naturopathic Expert
Dr Williams planned, from an early age, to be a forensic chemist. To this end, she focused strongly on the sciences at school, did four A levels (Chemistry, Physics, Pure Mathematics and Applied Mathematics. She won a place at Imperial College to study for her degree in Chemistry with specialisation in Analytical Chemistry.
After ten years in the mining industry, working all over the Southern Hemisphere in mineral and oil analysis and exploration, she decided to make a change. She enrolled in the 3,000 hour Naturopathic course just starting up in Sydney (1976).
Dr Williams remained in Sydney until 1996 where she lectured in nutrition and biochemistry at the NSW College of Natural Therapies and Nature Care College, saw clients in private practice and wrote 400 articles and what was to become a list of 22 books.
Since her return to London, she has lectured in nutrition and biochemistry at The Institute of Optimum Nutrition, the British College of Naturopathy and Osteopathy and the College of Naturopathic Medicine. She has covered many subjects, but over more than twenty years now, she has reduced her total focus to cancer research and cancer support. She has focused almost entirely on helping people interested in preventing or recovering from cancer and some other mitochondrial based diseases.
She currently sees clients in her practice and continues to write books and give seminars. Her new initiative is now the preparation of videos of her lectures and talks.
Visit the Video Learning Centre
Dr Xandria Williams is the director of :
- CanSurvive Resource Centre (CSRC) – The Practice
- CanSurvive Education Centre (CSEC) – The Education Centre
- Xtra Health Limited – the supplements
She trained as:
- a Chemist at Imperial College London (BSc, ARCS and DIC)
- a Geochemist at Imperial College London (DIC) and Otago University, New Zealand (MSc)
- a Nutritional Biochemist and Naturopath at New South Wales College of Natural Therapies, Australia (ND, DBM) and The University of Natural Medicine (PhD)
- a Psychotherapist, Hypnotherapist, NLP and EFT practitioner, post grad studies.
Dr Williams is a member of several professional Associations
Dr Williams is a member of the education committee of the General Council and Register of Naturopaths (GCRN). The GCRN provides a professional association for fully qualified naturopaths and aims to assist in the education of people wishing to upgrade from their original training, to the full degree level required for GCRN membership, The British Naturopathic Association (BNA), of which she is also a member, is the professional associations for registered naturopaths. After her postgraduate she became a full member of the Association of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ANLP).
Dr Williams is one of the founding members of the British Society of Integrative Oncology (BSIO). This aims to provide talks and other forums to bring people from different cancer disciplines together, for talks and discussions.
Other professional associations of which Dr Williams is a member:
- The Royal Society of Medicine
- The Worshipful Society of Apothecaries of London
- The Harveian Society of London
- The Royal Society of Chemistry
- The Royal Institute of Chemistry